Re: S3 API with Keystone auth

Hi,

On 05/16/2017 04:25 PM, Mārtiņš Jakubovičs wrote:
Hello all,

Just entered to object storage world and set up working cluster for RadosGW and authentication using OpenStack Keystone. Swift API works great, but how to test S3 API? I mean, I find a way to test with python boto, but looks like I am missing aws_access_key_id, how to get it? Or should it be like "Project Name:Username"?

CEPH 10.2.7

in our setup, a user has to create EC2 credentials in keystone (e.g. via 'ec2 credentials create' command in Openstack CLI tool), and is able to use the access key and secret key reported by Openstack to authenticate.

The credentials are bound to a Openstack project, so different credentials can (and have to) be used for accessing buckets owned by different projects.

Regards,
Burkhard Linke