Re: ceph df space for rgw.buckets.data shows used even when files are deleted

> It actually seems like these values aren't being honored, i actually see
> many more objects being processed by gc (as well as kraken object
> lifecycle), even though my values are at the default 32 objs.
>
> 19:52:44 root@<> /var/run/ceph $ ceph --admin-daemon
> /var/run/ceph/ceph-client.<>.asok config show | grep 'gc\|lc'
>     "rgw_enable_gc_threads": "true",
>     "rgw_enable_lc_threads": "true",
>     "rgw_lc_lock_max_time": "60",
>     "rgw_lc_max_objs": "32",
>     "rgw_lc_debug_interval": "-1",
>     "rgw_gc_max_objs": "32",
>     "rgw_gc_obj_min_wait": "7200",
>     "rgw_gc_processor_max_time": "3600",
>     "rgw_gc_processor_period": "3600",
>     "rgw_objexp_gc_interval": "600",
>

> gc: (this is all within one hour, so must be within one cycle)
>
> 19:49:17 root@<> /var/log/ceph $ grep 'gc::process: removing' client.<>.log
> | wc -l
> 6908
>
> lifecycle:
>
> 19:50:22 root@<> /var/log/ceph $ grep DELETED client.<>.log | wc -l
> 741
>
> Yehuda, do you know if these settings are honored still? (personally i dont
> want to limit it at all, I would rather it delete as many objects as it can
> within its runtime)

rgw_gc_max_objs isn't about "objects to be garbage collected", it
configures the number of objects in the gc pool that are used to
collect the information about the to-be-gc-d objects. The description
of this variable in the docs seems to be pretty misleading. Also,
having the default be a prime number might be a better choice, seeing
that the code caps it at a pretty large prime anyway.