Re: ceph-objectstore-tool apply-layout-settings

Question is about ceph-objectstore-tool, in its man I cant find anything about setuser, so I need to run it from user ceph, for example using su, but its not obvious

On 15.05.2017 07:51, Katie Holly | FuslVZ Ltd wrote:
On 2017-05-15 06:39, Anton Dmitriev wrote:
Is it normal, that dirs created with owner root or I`m doing something wrong?
>From `man ceph-osd`:

--setuser userorgid
       Set uid after starting.  If a username is specified, the user record is looked up to get a uid and a gid, and the gid is also set as well, unless --setgroup is also specified.

--setgroup grouporgid
       Set gid after starting.  If a group name is specified the group record is looked up to get a gid.
Under normal production operation, ceph-osd runs as another user (`ceph` in my case as I used ceph-deploy). Switching user is either done by the script which is going to execute `ceph-osd` (using su) OR (the recommended way) by specifying `--setuser ceph --setgroup ceph` on the command-line which lets the Ceph OSD runtime handle switching users.

If you don't follow this procedure, ceph-osd will just run as root and also create all files as root.

Regards,
Katie

Dmitriev Anton