Re: Restart ceph cluster

On 05/12/2017 02:49 PM, Алексей Усов wrote:

Usov,

Could someone, please, tell me how do I restart all daemons in a cluster if I make changes in ceph.conf, if it's needed indeed? Since enterprise-scale ceph clusters usually tend to comprise of hundreds of OSDs, I doubt one must restart the entire cluster by hand or use some sort of external orchestrating tool - there must be a centralized solution in ceph itself.

That is where 'ceph tell' is for. You can inject the new settings in the 'running configuration'. For example:

ceph tell osd.* injectargs '--osd_scrub_begin_hour 0'
ceph tell osd.* injectargs '--osd_scrub_end_hour 24'

I always change the config settings in our config management system (puppet) first, and after that, inject them with 'ceph tell'

--
With regards,

Richard Arends.
Snow BV / http://snow.nl