Re: corrupted rbd filesystems since jewel

Sounds familiar... and discussed in "disk timeouts in libvirt/qemu VMs..."

We have not had this issue since reverting exclusive-lock, but it was suggested this was not the issue. So far it's held up for us with not a single corrupt filesystem since then.

On some images (ones created post-Jewel upgrade) the feature could not be disabled, but these don't seem to be affected. Of course, we never did pinpoint the cause of timeouts, so it's entirely possible something else was causing it but no other major changes went into effect.

One thing to look for that might confirm the same issue are timeouts in the guest VM. Most OS kernel will report a hung task in conjunction with the hang up/lock/corruption. Wondering if you're seeing that too.