Ceph newbie thoughts and questions

Hello everybody!

I am a newbie on ceph and I really like it and want to try it out.
I have a couple of thoughts and questions after reading documentation and need some help to see that I am on the right path.

Today I have two file servers in production that I want to start my ceph fs on and expand from that.
I want these servers to function as a failover cluster and as I see it I will be able to do it with ceph.

To get a failover cluster without a single point of failure I need at least 2 monitors, 2 mds and 2 osd (my existing file servers), right?
Today, both of the file servers use a raid on 8 disks. Do I format my raid xfs and run my osds on the raid?
Or do I split up my raid and add the disks directly to the osds?

When I connect clients to my ceph fs are they talking to the mds or are the clients talking to the ods directly as well?
If the client just talk to the mds then the ods and the monitor can be in a separate network and the mds connected both to the client network and the local "ceph" network.

Today, we have about 11TB data on these file servers, how do I move the data to the ceph fs? Is it possible to rsync to one of the ods disks, start the ods daemon and let it replicate itself?

Is it possible to set up the ceph fs with 2 mds, 2 monitors and 1 ods and add the second ods later?
This is to be able to have one file server in production, config ceph and test with the other, swap to the ceph system and when it is up and running add the second ods.

Of course I will test this out before I bring it to production.

Many thanks in advance!

Best regards
Marcus