Re: Replication (k=1) in LRC

On 04/27/2017 11:43 PM, Oleg Kolosov wrote:
> Hi Loic,
> Of course.
> I'm implementing a version of Pyramid Code. In Pyramid you remove one of the global parities of Reed-Solomon and add one local parity for each local group. In my version, I'd like to add local parity to the global parity (meaning that for the case the global parity = 1, it would be replicated). This way in case of a failure in the global parity, you can reconstruct it using the replicated node instead of reconstructing it will all K nodes.
>
> This is my profile:
> ceph osd erasure-code-profile set myprofile \
> plugin=lrc \
> mapping=DD_DD___ \
> layers='[
> [ "DD_DD_c_", "" ],
> [ "DDc_____", "" ],
> [ "___DDc__", "" ],
> [ "______Dc", "" ],
> ]' \
> ruleset-steps='[
> [ "chooseleaf", "osd",  8  ],
> ]'

You could test and see if commenting out the sanity check at

https://github.com/ceph/ceph/blob/master/src/erasure-code/jerasure/ErasureCodeJerasure.cc#L89

does the trick. I don't remember enough about this border case to be sure it won't work. You can also give it a try with

https://github.com/ceph/ceph/blob/master/src/test/erasure-code/ceph_erasure_code_benchmark.cc

Cheers

--
Loïc Dachary, Artisan Logiciel Libre