Re: Is single MDS data recoverable

Hi Henrik,

           So, i assume if the MDS goes down there will be no data loss and we can install another MDS server. What about old data is this work properly.

Regards
Prabu GJ

---- On Tue, 25 Apr 2017 16:31:44 +0530 Henrik Korkuc <lists@xxxxxxxxx> wrote ----

On 17-04-25 13:43, gjprabu wrote:
Hi Team,

           I am running cephfs setup with single MDS . Suppose in single MDS setup if the MDS goes down what will happen for data. Is it advisable to run multiple MDS.

MDS data is in Ceph cluster itself. After MDS failure you can start another MDS on different server. It should pick up there previous MDS ended.

Regards
Prabu GJ