Re: Large META directory within each OSD's directory

Which version of Ceph are you running? My guess is Hammer pre-0.94.9. There is an osdmap cache bug that was introduced with Hammer that was fixed in 0.94.9. The work around is to restart all of the OSDs in your cluster. After restarting the OSDs, the cluster will start to clean up osdmaps 20 at a time each time you generate a new map. If you don't generate maps often, then you can write a loop that does something like setting the min size for a pool to the same thing every 10-20 seconds until you catch up. (Note, that doesn't change any settings, but it does update the map).