Re: Ceph Latency

Hello,

On Fri, 21 Apr 2017 11:41:01 +0000 Tobias Kropf - inett GmbH wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> we have a running Ceph Cluster over 5 OSD nodes. Performance and Latency are good. Now we have two new supermicro OSD nodes with HBA. The osd 0-26 are in the old Servers und osd 27-55 in the new. Is this latency normal? The osd 27-55 are not in bucket und mapped no pools.

Firstly, you're giving us basically nothing to work with when it comes to
details, some of which might allow us to make educated guesses.
Like all the relevant versions (OS, Ceph, firmware/drivers), HW
description (you mention HBA, so are the previous nodes not SM and have
different controllers?), which disks/SSDs are we talking about?

That being said, make a test pool on these new nodes and get it busy with
fio or the likes.
I've seen this before on a cluster here, where idle OSDs (in our case HDD
ones behind a cache tier) have silly latency times that do not reflect
reality, ie. when they are actually being used.

Christian

chibi@xxxxxxx   	Global OnLine Japan/Rakuten Communications
http://www.gol.com/