Re: 答复: Does cephfs guarantee client cache consistency for file data?

On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 11:03 AM, 许雪寒 <xuxuehan@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks, everyone:-)
>
> I'm still not very clear. Do these cache "capabilities" only apply to metadata operations or both metadata and data?

Both metadata and data are consistent between clients.  If a client
has the capability to buffer data for a file, it will be told to flush
it before another client reads the file.  Similarly, if a client has
the capability to cache (for read) data for a file, it will be told to
drop that before another client writes the file.

Usually, if the MDS sees two clients using the same file concurrently,
it will instruct both of them to switch to unbuffered IO.

John