Gesendet: Dienstag, 11. April 2017 um 00:17 Uhr
Von: "Trey Palmer" <trey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
An: ceph-users@xxxxxxxx
Betreff:  Question about RadosGW subusers

Probably a question for @yehuda :

We have fairly strict user accountability requirements.  The best way we have found to meet them with S3 object storage on Ceph is by using RadosGW subusers.

If we set up one user per bucket, then set up subusers to provide separate individual S3 keys and access rights for different people or services using that bucket, then we can track who did what via access key in the RadosGW logs (at debug_rgw = 10/10).

Of course, this is not a documented use case for subusers.  I'm wondering if Yehuda or anyone else could estimate our risk of future incompatibility if we implement user/key management around subusers in this manner?

Thanks,