Re: How to cut a large file into small objects

Hi,

rados - Does not shard your object (as far as I know, there may be a striping API, although it may not do quite what you want)
cephfs - implemented on top of rados - does it's own object sharding (I'm fuzzy on the details)
rbd - implemented on top of rados - does shard into 2^order sized objects. (there's striping support in librbd as well).
radosgw - implemented on top of rados - I'd imagine this does shard into smaller objects as well

Cheers,
KJ