Re: how-to undo a "multisite" config

Hi Anton,

I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to do.  If you want to delete everything and start over, then just remove the zones, zonegroups and realms on both sides, and remove their pools.

If you have a master zone you want to keep, but you want to remove the non-master zone that is mirroring it multisite, then do this:

1.  Stop the offending radosgw service(s) on the non-master cluster.
2.  Delete the zone on the non-master cluster, "radosgw-admin zone delete --rgw-zone=myzone-b".
3.  "radosgw-admin zonegroup get" > tempfile
4.  Edit tempfile and remove the non-empty zone from the JSON.
5.  "radosgw-admin zonegroup set" < tempfile
6.  Update the period:   radosgw-admin period update --commit

Then I believe you can just delete the RGW pools on the non-master side and start over if you need to.

I found the multisite documentation accurate in Jewel if you're just doing a single zonegroup/realm.   I concede that it's complex and confusing, though, and the man page and other documentation lag far behind.   I have found it useful to consult the options parsing at the top of the radosgw-admin source code a few times.

If you are stuck at something specific, shoot me an email.

-- Trey