"RGW Metadata Search" and related

Hi Cephers.

We try to get "metadata search" working on our test cluster. This is one of two things we promised an internal customer for a very soon to be stared PoC... the second feature is, as I wrote already in another post, the "object expiration" (lifecycle?!) [object's should be auto-removed after XY months].

Feedback on the metadata search:
Beside the fact, that it seems to be based on "multisite", which btw we would not really need here, another difficulty for other Cephers could be the ElasticSearch dependency.
In our company, we are lucky to have already an official "ELK" service team, which we can approach "as internal customers". BUT... there are requirements, which we need to fulfill before they would serve us ;)

Here is the (very minimalistic) list of the requirements, they have defined and which we need to fulfill to get an ELK index here:
  • basic http authentication (discussed in another discussion with @yehuda, this should be the case already now; couldn't verify because I couldn't setup the needed multisite env.)
  • free configurable ELK index name/prefix
  • provide a template mapping, which reflects the later/possible RGW search fields (right now a "default ELK index" would be created, which may be sub-optimal for the lated searches)
    • best case we could create the template mapping in ELK so we could optimize it to our needs

Any feedback/thoughts from the other list members?

@yehuda: THANKS for working on that feature!!!

Thanks & regards
 Anton