Re: slow perfomance: sanity check

60-80MBs/s for what sort of setup? Is that 1Gbe rather than 10Gbe?

I consistently get 80-90Mb/s bandwidth as measured by `rados bench -p
rbd 10 write` run from a ceph node on a cluster with:
* 3 nodes
* 4 OSD/node, 600GB 15kRPM SAS disks
* 1G disk controller cache write cache shared by all disks in each node
* No SSDs
* 2x1Gbe lacp bond for redundancy, no jumbo frames
* 512 PGs for a cluster of 12 OSDs
* All disks in one pool of size=3, min_size=2

IOzone run on a VM using an rbd as it's HD confirms that setup maxes out
at around just under 100 MB/s for best-case scenarios, so I assumed the
1Gb network was the bottleneck.

I'm in the process of planning a hardware purchase for a larger cluster:
more nodes, more drives, SSD journals and 10Gbe. I'm asuming I'll get
better performance.

What's the upper bound on CEPH performance for large sequential writes
from a single-client with all the recommended bells and whistles (ssd
journal, 10Gbe)? I assume it depends on both the total number of OSDs
and possibly OSDs per node if one had enough to saturate the network,
correct?

--
Adam Carheden