Re: CentOS7 Mounting Problem

Hi,

just to provide some more feedback on this one and what I 've done to solve it, although not sure if this is the most "elegant" solution.

I have add manually to /etc/fstab on all systems the respective mount points for Ceph OSDs, e.g. entries like this:

UUID=9d2e7674-f143-48a2-bb7a-1c55b99da1f7 /var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-0 xfs defaults 0 0

Then I 've checked and seen that the "ceph-osd@.service" was "disabled" which means that wasn't starting by default.

Therefore I did modify all respective services on all nodes, with commands like:

systemctl enable ceph-osd@0.service

Did a reboot on the nodes and all CEPH OSDs were mounted and the service was starting by default, so the problem was solved.

As said I don't know if this is the correct way to do it but for me it works. I guess that something still goes wrong when the root volume is on LVM and all the above that should happen automatically don't happen and require manual intervention.

Looking forward for any comments on this procedure or things that I might have missed.

Regards,

G.

Hi Tom and thanks a lot for the feedback.

Indeed my root filesystem is on an LVM volume and I am currently
running CentOS 7.3.1611 with kernel 3.10.0-514.10.2.el7.x86_64 and the
ceph version is 10.2.6 (656b5b63ed7c43bd014bcafd81b001959d5f089f)

The 60-ceph-by-parttypeuuid.rules on the system is the same is the
one on the bug you 've mentioned but unfortunately it still doesn't
work.

So, are there any more ideas on how to further debug it?

Best,

G.

Are you running the CentOS filesystem as LVM? This
(http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/16351 [1]) still seems to be an issue
on CentOS 7 that I've seen myself too. After migrating to a standard
filesystem layout (i.e. no LVM) the issue disappeared.

Regards,

 Tom

-------------------------

FROM: ceph-users  on behalf of Georgios Dimitrakakis
 SENT: Thursday, March 23, 2017 10:21:34 PM
 TO: ceph-users@xxxxxxxx
 SUBJECT:  CentOS7 Mounting Problem

Hello Ceph community!

 I would like some help with a new CEPH installation.

I have install Jewel on CentOS7 and after the reboot my OSDs are not
 mount automatically and as a consequence ceph is not operating
 normally...

 What can I do?

 Could you please help me solve the problem?

 Regards,

 G.

Links:
------