Re: leveldb takes a lot of space

> Op 26 maart 2017 om 9:44 schreef Niv Azriel <nivazri18@xxxxxxxxx>:
>

> after network issues, ceph cluster fails.
> leveldb grows and takes a lot of space
> ceph mon cant write to leveldb because there is not enough space on
> filesystem.
> (there is a lot of ldb file on /var/lib/ceph/mon)

It is normal that the database will grow as the MON will keep all historic OSDMaps when one or more PGs are not active+clean

> ceph compact on start is not helping.
> my erasure-code is too big.
>
> how to fix it?

Make sure you have enough space available on your MONs, that is the main advise. Under normal operations <2GB should be enough, but it can grow much bigger.

On most clusters I design I make sure there is at least 200GB of space available on each MON on a fast DC-grade SSD.

Wido