add multiple OSDs to cluster

Hi,

Just a quick question about adding OSDs, since most of the docs I can find talk about adding ONE OSD, and I'd like to add four per server on my three-node cluster.

This morning I tried the careful approach, and added one OSD to server1. It all went fine, everything rebuilt and I have a HEALTH_OK again now. It took around 7 hours.

But now I started thinking... (and that's when things go wrong, therefore hoping for feedback here....)

The question: was I being stupid to add only ONE osd to the server1? Is it not smarter to add all four OSDs at the same time?

I mean: things will rebuild anyway...and I have the feeling that rebuilding from 4 -> 8 OSDs is not going to be much heavier than rebuilding from 4 -> 5 OSDs. Right?

So better add all new OSDs together on a specific server?

Or not? :-)

MJ