Re: RBD Mirror: Unable to re-bootstrap mirror daemons

The log shows that the rbd-mirror daemon is attempting to connect to
the cluster "ceph3" using the id "rbd-mirror-remote". If you have
changed the name of the id, you can update it via the rbd CLI: "rbd
--cluster <cluster> --pool <pool> mirror pool peer set
6a98a0eb-869d-4b4f-8bc7-da4bbe66e5aa client <client name>"

On Sat, Mar 18, 2017 at 9:29 AM, Vaibhav Bhembre
<vaibhav@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I had a working setup initially in my test clusters with 2 daemons
> running on MON nodes of each cluster. I took them down, uninstalled
> and purged rbd-mirror (apt-get uninstall and apt-get purge) before
> installing them again, on the respective clusters. They now refuse to
> come back up or talk to each other.
>
> I see the following messages in the log/stdout:
>
> 2017-03-18 13:26:31.444506 7fd2f1fd7c80 -1 rbd::mirror::Replayer:
> 0x7fd2fb5d1680 init_rados: error connecting to remote peer uuid:
> 6a98a0eb-869d-4b4f-8bc7-da4bbe66e5aa cluster: ceph3 client:
> client.rbd-mirror-remote: (22) Invalid argument
>

> I had made the following changes between the uninstall - reinstalls.
>
> 1. I had "client.rbd-mirror-remote" user on each cluster for their
> peers to talk to (each other). This user was deleted from `auth` list
> before I reinstalled the daemon.
> 2. I installed rbd-mirror then created two new local and remote users
> appending 01 as their suffix with their respective keys in the same
> location. The copies of remote keys have been duplicated over to their
> peers, as was done with the earlier rbd mirror setup that worked.
>
> rbd-mirror on either cluster failed to start with the above error.
>
> I even tried creating a new remote user with the same name (on both
> clusters) as before, but it still fails with the same error message.
>
> Any idea what I might be doing wrong? Is there a way to proper purge a
> rbd-mirror daemon and start all over again?

Jason