Mirroring data between pools on the same cluster

Ceph can mirror data between clusters
(http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/rbd/rbd-mirroring/), but can it
mirror data between pools in the same cluster?

My use case is DR in the even of a room failure. I have a single CEPH
cluster that spans multiple rooms. The two rooms have separate power
and cooling, but have a single 10Gbe link between them (actually 2 w/
active-passive failover). I can configure pools and crushmaps to keep
data local to each room so my single link doesn't become a bottleneck.
However, I'd like to be able to recovery quickly if a room UPS fails.

Ideally I'd like something like this:

HA pool - spans rooms but we limit how much we put on it to avoid
latency or saturation issues with our single 10Gbe link.
room1 pool - Writes only to OSDs in room 1
room2 pool - Writes only to OSDs in room 2
room1-backup pool - Asynchronous mirror of room1 pool that writes only
to OSDs in room 2
room2-backup pool - Asynchronous mirror of room2 pool that writes only
to OSDs in room 1

In the event of a room failure, my very important stuff migrates or
reboots immediately in the other room without any manual steps. For
everything else, I manually spin up new VMs (scripted, of course) that
run from the mirrored backups.

Is this possible?

If I made it two separate CEPH clusters, how would I do the automated
HA failover? I could have 3 clusters (HA, room1, room2, mirroring
between room1 and roomt2), but then each cluster would be so small (2
nodes, 3 nodes) that node failure becomes more of a risk than room
failure.

(And yes, I do have a 3rd small room with monitors running so if one
of the primary rooms goes down monitors in the remaining room + 3rd
room have a quorum)

Thanks
--
Adam Carheden