Re: NOTIFY_TIMEOUT

This is a very generic question. Perchance, are you referring to
librbd's use of watch/notify? If so, we picked 5 seconds because that
should be more than enough time for a client to ACK the message. In
cases where it matters, we will re-send the notification if it times
out due to a non-responsive peer.

On Tue, Mar 14, 2017 at 9:39 PM, Zhongyan Gu <zhongyan.gu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi There,
> I see NOTIFY_TIMEOUT is defined as 5 seconds, and be used by notify2().
> This value is passed from client to OSD side. Why we define this value and
> how client and OSD use it in the watch/notify mechanism?
>
> Thanks,
> Zhongyan

Jason