clarification for rgw installation and conflagration ( jwel )

On 03/08/2017 04:55 PM, Yair Magnezi wrote:
> Hello Guys .
>
> I'm  new to RGW and need some clarification  ( i'm running 10.2.5 )
> As much as i understand 'jewl'  uses Civetweb instead of Apache and
> FastCGI but in the configuration guide ( just the next step in the  the
> install guide ) it says "Configuring a Ceph Object Gateway requires a
> running Ceph Storage Cluster, and an Apache web server with the FastCGI
> module"
>
> http://docs.ceph.com/docs/jewel/radosgw/config/
> <http://docs.ceph.com/docs/jewel/radosgw/config/>
>
> Civetweb is not mentioned at all and there are no instructions which
> relate to civetweb at all .
> I'd like to move on with configuration ( 'connecting' the rgw to my ceph
> cluster ) but don't understand how to do it .
> The section "ADDING A GATEWAY CONFIGURATION TO CEPH"  has instruction
> only to apache
> Any clarification is much appreciated .

There is some info. on the install section
http://docs.ceph.com/docs/jewel/install/install-ceph-gateway/#change-the-default-port

essentially the main configuration to run civetweb would be the value of
`rgw_frontends` with civetweb and port as shown in the example. There is
also some info on the migrating section in the same doc, the docs
require some love from a willing community member ;)

Best,
Abhishek