From: ceph-users <ceph-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Kevin Olbrich <ko at sv01.de>
Date: Wednesday 8 March 2017 14:39
To: "ceph-users at lists.ceph.com" <ceph-users at lists.ceph.com>
Subject: Shrinking lab cluster to free hardware for a new deployment

Hi!

Currently I have a cluster with 6 OSDs (5 hosts, 7TB RAID6 each).
We want to shut down the cluster but it holds some semi-productive VMs we might or might not need in the future.
To keep them, we would like to shrink our cluster from 6 to 2 OSDs (we use size 2 and min_size 1).

Should I set the OSDs out one by one or with norefill, norecovery flags set but all at once?
If last is the case, which flags should be set also?

Thanks!

Kind regards,
Kevin Olbrich.