re enable scrubbing

Hello,

is there any risk related to cluster overload when the scrub is re enabled after a certain amount of time being disabled?

I am thinking of the following scenario:
1. scrub/deep scrub are disabled.
2. after a while (few days) we re enable them. How will the cluster perform? Will it run all the scrub jobs that were supposed to be running in the meantime, or it will just start scheduling scrub jobs according to the scrub related parameters?

Can you point me to some documentation about this topic?

Thank you,
Laszlo