MySQL and ceph volumes

My response is without any context to ceph or any SDS, purely how to check the IO bottleneck. You can then determine if its Ceph or any other process or disk.

>> MySQL can reach only 150 iops both read or writes showing 30% of IOwait.

Lower IOPS is not issue with itself as your block size might be higher. But MySQL doing higher block not sure.  You can check below iostat metrics to see why is the IO wait higher.

*  avgqu-sz(Avg queue length)                        -->  Higher the Q length more the IO wait

* avgrq-sz[The average size (in sectors)]     -->  Shows IOblock size( check this when using mysql). [ you need to calculate this based on your FS block size in KB & don?t just you the avgrq-sz # ]

--

Deepak