hammer to jewel upgrade experiences? cache tier experience?

On Mon, 6 Mar 2017 19:57:11 -0700 Mike Lovell wrote:

> has anyone on the list done an upgrade from hammer (something later than
> 0.94.6) to jewel with a cache tier configured? i tried doing one last week
> and had a hiccup with it. i'm curious if others have been able to
> successfully do the upgrade and, if so, did they take any extra steps
> related to the cache tier?

It would be extremely helpful for everybody involved if you could be bit
more specific than "hiccup".

I've upgraded one crappy test cluster from hammer to jewel w/o issues and
am about to do that on a more realistic, busier test cluster as well.

OTOH, I have no plans to upgrade my production Hammer cluster with a cache
tier at this point.

> there has also been some talk here about how rare or unsupported cache
> tiering is. i've heard some say that its use is uncommon but i am not sure
> if that is the cases. are there many on the list using cache tiering? in
> particular, with rbd volumes and clients? what are some of the the
> communities' experiences there?

Quite a few people here seem to use cache-tiers, if understood and
configured well with great success it seems.

Christian
chibi at gol.com   	Global OnLine Japan/Rakuten Communications
http://www.gol.com/