Re: How to hide internal ip on ceph mount

> Op 1 maart 2017 om 15:40 schreef Xiaoxi Chen <superdebuger@xxxxxxxxx>:
>

> Well , I think the argument here is not all about security gain, it just
> NOT a user friendly way to let "df" show out 7 IPs of monitors....Much
> better if they seeing something like "mycephfs.mydomain.com".

mount / df simply prints the monmap. It doesn't print what you added when you mounted the filesystem.

Totally normal behavior.

> And using DNS give you the flexibility of changing your monitor quorum
> members , without notifying end user to change their fstab entry , or
> whatever mount point record.

Still applies. Just create a Round Robin DNS record. The clients will obtain a new monmap while they are connected to the cluster.

Wido