Fwd: Ceph configuration suggestions

Hello,

We are using Ceph as distributed block storage for our Openstack setup.

Details:

Ceph Version: 10.2.5
Openstack: Kilo

We have 7 nodes, with each nodes configuration as below:

HDD: 9 x 1.8T
SSD: 3 x 447G
CPU: Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2620 v4 (8 Cores, 16 Threads)
RAM: 64G

Network: 2 x 10Gig Switch

OS is on separate SSDs.

Our use-case is to have Ceph as the back-end for our Openstack setup,
mostly for Cinder and Glance
and perhaps for Nova in the future. Keeping this in mind we tried
using Bcache (1 : 3 :: SSD : HDD)
and Cache Tier, but both seem to give similar results when benchmarked
(tested using FIO)[1].
Now we're perplexed about which _caching mechanism_ to go with, and
also curious about what would
the ideal SSD:HDD ratio would be.

Any suggestions/inputs regarding the same would be very welcome.

[1]: https://software.intel.com/en-us/blogs/2013/10/25/measure-ceph-rbd-performance-in-a-quantitative-way-part-i

--
Regards,
Karthik Nayak