How safe is ceph pg repair these days?

Thanks for the correction Greg. So I'm guessing that the probability of
overwriting with an incorrect primary is reduced in later releases, but it
can still happen.

Quick question and its maybe that this is a #5 on your list. What about
objects that are marked inconsistent on the primary due to a read error. I
would say 90% of my inconsistent PG's are always caused by a read error and
associated smartctl error.

"rados list-inconsistent-obj" shows that it knows that the primary had a
read error, so I assume a "pg repair" wouldn't try and read from the primary
again?