KVM/QEMU rbd read latency

On Fri, Feb 17, 2017 at 2:14 AM, Alexandre DERUMIER <aderumier at odiso.com> wrote:
> and I have good hope than this new feature
> "RBD: Add support readv,writev for rbd"
> http://marc.info/?l=ceph-devel&m=148726026914033&w=2

Definitely will eliminate 1 unnecessary data copy -- but sadly it
still will make a single copy within librbd immediately since librados
*might* touch the IO memory after it has ACKed the op. Once that issue
is addressed, librbd can eliminate that copy if the librbd cache is
disabled. We also need to support >1 librbd/librados-internal IO
thread for outbound/inbound paths.

--
Jason