Re: ceph mon unable to reach quorum

lee_yiu_chung@xxxxxxxxx 於 18/1/2017 11:17 寫道:
Dear all,

I have a ceph installation (dev site) with two nodes, each running a mon daemon and osd daemon.
(Yes, I know running a cluster of two mon is bad, but I have no choice since I only have two nodes.)

Now, the two nodes are migrated to another datacenter, but after it is booted up the mon daemon are
unable to reach quorum. How can I proceed? (If there is no way to recover, I can accept the loss but
I wish to know how to avoid this to happen again.)
(omitted log here)

Turns out that we did not have proper MTU configured in our new switch after moving the servers to new datacenter (we thought the switch is already configured with proper MTU), but only discovered this issue after we nuked out all the nodes and reinstalled ceph, which have the exact same symptoms after reinstalling. Only this we realized there may be network problem inside and had a hard time to find out the root cause.

Well, we can take this chance to test bluestore in ceph Kraken...