Re: Python get_stats() gives wrong number of objects?

On Mon, Jan 30, 2017 at 4:06 PM, Kent Borg <kentborg@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have been playing with the Python version of librados and am getting
> startling answers from get_stats() on a pool. I am seeing 'num_objects' as
> zero at a point where I am expecting one. But if I loop, waiting for my
> expected one, I will get it in a second or so.
>
> I think I created this object with a synchronous write() but I sprinkled
> aio_flush() calls in my code for good measure, still have the same problem.
>
> My code is single threaded and the only code running against this cluster.
> Why would I get a delayed answer?

Pool stats are not synchronous -- when you call get_stats it is not
querying every OSD in the system before giving you a response.  The
OSDs send periodic stats reports about their PGs to the monitor, and
the stats you're getting are whatever was the most recent data on the
mon.

John