Re: ceph rados gw, select objects by metadata

Hello Wido,
That is not good news, but it's what i expected. Thanks for your qick answer.
Jonny

Am 2017-01-30 11:57, schrieb Wido den Hollander:
Op 30 januari 2017 om 10:29 schreef Johann Schwarzmeier <Johann.Schwarzmeier@xxxxxx>:

Hello,
I’m quite new to ceph and radosgw. With the python API, I found calls
for writing objects via boto API. It’s also possible to add metadata’s
to our objects. But now I have a question: is it possible to select or
search objects via metadata?  A little more in detail: I want to store
objects with metadata like color = blue, color red and so on. And the I
would select all object with color = blue. Sorry for a stupid question
but I’m not able to find an answer in the documentation.

The RADOS Gateway implements the S3 API from Amazon and doesn't allow for this.

The whole design for Ceph is also that it's object-name based and you
can't query for xattr values nor names.

So what you are trying to achieve will not work.

Wido

Br Jonny