Re: Problems with http://tracker.ceph.com/?

This is resolved. Apparently ns3 was shutdown a while ago and ns4 just took a while to catch up.

ceph.com, download.ceph.com, and docs.ceph.com all have updated DNS records.

Sorry again for the trouble this caused all week. The steps we've taken should allow us to return to a reasonable level of stability and uptime.

On 01/20/2017 11:28 AM, Dan Mick wrote:
Only in that we changed the zone and apparently it hasn't propagated
properly.  I'll check with RHIT.

Sent from Nine <http://www.9folders.com/>
*From:* Sean Redmond <sean.redmond1@xxxxxxxxx>
*Sent:* Jan 20, 2017 3:07 AM
*To:* Dan Mick
*Cc:* Shinobu Kinjo; Brian Andrus; ceph-users
*Subject:* Re:  Problems with http://tracker.ceph.com/?

Hi,

Is the current strange DNS issue with docs.ceph.com
<http://docs.ceph.com> related to this also? I noticed that
docs.ceph.com <http://docs.ceph.com> is getting a different A record
from ns4.redhat.com <http://ns4.redhat.com> vs ns{1..3}.redhat.com
<http://redhat.com>

dig output here > http://pastebin.com/WapDY9e2

Thanks

On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 11:03 PM, Dan Mick <dmick@xxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:dmick@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    On 01/19/2017 09:57 AM, Shinobu Kinjo wrote:

    >> The good news is the tenant delete failed. The bad news is we're looking for
    >> the tracker volume now, which is no longer present in the Ceph project.

    We've reloaded a new instance of tracker.ceph.com
    <http://tracker.ceph.com> from a backup of the
    database, and believe it's back online now.  The backup was taken at
    about 12:31 PDT, so the last 8 or so hours of changes are, sadly, gone,
    so if you had tracker updates during that time period, you may need to
    redo them.

    Sorry for the inconvenience.  We've relocated the tracker service to
    hopefully mitigate this vulnerability.