Re: rgw static website docs 404

Sure. However, as a general development process, many projects require documentation to go in with a feature. The person who wrote it is the best person to explain how to use it.

Even just adding a new setting to a list of valid settings is pretty basic, quick and easy.  It'd odd that major new features are added and effectively kept secret.

-Ben

On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 1:56 AM, Wido den Hollander <wido@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Op 19 januari 2017 om 2:57 schreef Ben Hines <bhines@xxxxxxxxx>:
>

> Aha! Found some docs here in the RHCS site:
>
> https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en/red-hat-ceph-storage/2/paged/object-gateway-guide-for-red-hat-enterprise-linux/chapter-2-configuration
>
> Really, ceph.com should have all this too...

I agree, but keep in mind that Ceph is a free, Open Source project. It's free to use and to consume. Writing documentation isn't always the coolest/fanciest/nicest thing to do.

You are more then welcome to send a Pull Request on Github to update the documentation for the RGW. That would help others which might be in the same situation as you are.

Open Source is by working together and collaborating on a project :)

This can be writing code, documentation or helping others on mailinglists. That way we call benefit from the project.

Wido