Re: Problems with http://tracker.ceph.com/?

Much of the Ceph project VMs (including tracker.ceph.com) is currently hosted on DreamCompute. The migration to our new service/cluster that was completed on 2017-01-17, the Ceph project was somehow enabled in our new OpenStack project without enabling a service in our billing system (this shouldn't be possible).

Since tenant_deletes (started by customers leaving for example) often fail, we run daily audits that root out accounts without Service Instances in our billing system, and issue a tenant delete in OpenStack. In hindsight, it should probably look for accounts that are INACTIVE, and not non-existent. I have enabled a Service Instance for the DreamCompute service, so it should NOT happen again. This did happen yesterday as well, but we incorrectly assessed the situation and thus happened again today.

The good news is the tenant delete failed. The bad news is we're looking for the tracker volume now, which is no longer present in the Ceph project.

The Ceph project guys are understandably upset, and from the DreamHost side, we're currently looking to recover the tracker volume.