librbd cache and clone awareness

If I, say, have 10 rbd attached to the same box using librbd, all 10 of the rbd are clones of the same snapshot, and I have caching turned on, will each rbd be caching blocks from the parent snapshot individually, or will the 10 rbd processes be building up their own cache, ignorant of the other process's caching?

The use case I have is a lot of rbd-nbd mounted rbd used as VM boot disks all based on the same clone.  It would be great if the parent clone could be cached once and then only blocks which were copy-on-write were in each individual process's cache.