- if there are any unfound objects
- if there are scrub/deep-scrub errors
- monitor clock skew

On 13.01.2017 21:35, David Turner wrote:
We don't currently monitor that, but my todo list has an item to monitor for blocked requests longer than 500 seconds to critical on.  You can see how long they've been blocked for from `ceph health detail`.  Our cluster doesn't need to be super fast at any given point, but it does need to be progressing.

David Turner | Cloud Operations Engineer | StorageCraft Technology Corporation
380 Data Drive Suite 300 | Draper | Utah | 84020
Office: 801.871.2760 | Mobile: 385.224.2943

If you are not the intended recipient of this message or received it erroneously, please notify the sender and delete it, together with any attachments, and be advised that any dissemination or copying of this message is prohibited.

From: Chris Jones [cjones@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, January 13, 2017 1:31 PM
To: David Turner
Cc: ceph-users@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Ceph Monitoring

Thanks.

What about 'NN ops > 32 sec' (blocked ops) type alerts? Does anyone monitor for those type and if so what criteria do you use?

Thanks again!

On Fri, Jan 13, 2017 at 3:28 PM, David Turner <david.turner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
We don't use many critical alerts (that will have our NOC wake up an engineer), but the main one that we do have is a check that tells us if there are 2 or more hosts with osds that are down.  We have clusters with 60 servers in them, so having an osd die and backfill off of isn't something to wake up for in the middle of the night, but having osds down on 2 servers is 1 osd away from data loss.  A quick reference to how to do this check in bash is below.

hosts_with_down_osds=`ceph osd tree | grep 'host\|down' | grep -B1 down | grep host | wc -l`
if [ $hosts_with_down_osds -ge 2 ]
then
    echo critical
elif [ $hosts_with_down_osds -eq 1 ]