From: ceph-users [ceph-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] on behalf of Scottix [scottix@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, July 07, 2016 5:01 PM
To: ceph-users
Subject: Re: [ceph-users] Failing to Activate new OSD ceph-deploy

I played with it enough to make it work.

Basically i created the directory it was going to put the data in
mkdir /var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-22

Then I ran ceph-deploy activate which then did a little bit more into putting it in the cluster but it still didn't start because of permissions with the journal.

Some of the permissions were set to ceph:ceph I tried the new permissions but it failed to start, and after reading a mailing list a reboot may have fixed that.
Anyway I ran chown -R root:root ceph-22 and after that is started.

I still need to fix permissions but I am happy I got it in atleast.

--Scott