Re: RBD Cache & Multi Attached Volumes

Hi,

I'm still waiting for clues or any comments of this case. This case happen because only some volumes are multi attached volumes. I'm trying to not to downgrade performance of mostly volumes, images and instance ephemeral data by disabling RBD Cache feature. Any best practices of combining multi attached volumes with single attached volumes?

Best regards,

Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2017 16:12:29 +0700
From: Lazuardi Nasution <mrxlazuardin@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Ceph Users <ceph-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RBD Cache & Multi Attached Volumes

Hi,

For using with OpenStack Cinder multi attached volumes, is it possible to
disable RBD Cache for specific multi attached volumes only? Single attached
volumes still need to enable RBD Cache for better performance.

If I disable RBD Cache on /etc/ceph/ceph.conf, is
disk_cachemodes="network=writeback"
on /etc/nova/nova.conf still effective? What if I make different ceph.conf
for specific OpenStack services?

Best regards,