From: Nick Fisk [nick@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, January 07, 2017 3:21 PM
To: David Turner; ceph-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: cephfs AND rbds

Technically I think there is no reason why you couldn’t do this, but I think it is unadvisable. There was a similar thread a while back where somebody had done this and it caused problems when he was trying to do maintenance/recovery further down the line.

I’m assuming you want to do this because you have already created a pool with the max number of PG’s per OSD and extra pools would take you further over this limit? If it’s the case I would just bump up the limit, it’s not worth the risk.