Re: cephfs ata1.00: status: { DRDY }

YMMV of course, but the first thing that struck me was the constraint of scrub times.  Constraining them to fewer hours can mean that more run in parallel.  If you truly have off-hours for client ops (Graphite / Grafana are great for visualizing that) that might make sense, but in my 24x7 OpenStack world, there is little or no off-hour lull, so I let scrubs run all the time.

You might also up osd_deep_scrub_interval.  The default is one week; I raise that to four weeks as a compromise between aggressive protection and the realities of contention.

— Anthony, currently looking for a new Ceph opportunity.