Re: What is replay_version used for?

On Mon, Dec 26, 2016 at 2:08 AM, xxhdx1985126 <xxhdx1985126@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> According to the following comment, It seems that only when using btrfs which would make FileStore to do "parallel journaling" will the replay_version be meaningful. Is that right?
>
>                 // look at whether any of the osds during this interval survived
>                 // past the end of the interval (i.e., didn't crash and
>                 // potentially fail to COMMIT a write that it ACKed).

There are several different versions in situations related to this; I
haven't looked at the source but I think you're correct about what
this one is.

The other big semi-related one is that we increment a version
("retry_version", I think?) every time we send off an operation
because we haven't gotten a response of any kind and the primary OSD
for an op changed or something.
-Greg