Re: Ceph per-user stats?

On Fri, Dec 23, 2016 at 12:04 AM, Henrik Korkuc <lists@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I wondered if Ceph can emit stats (via perf counters, statsd or in some
> other way) IO and bandwidth stats per Ceph user? I was unable to find such
> stats. I know that we can get at least some of these stats from RGW, but I'd
> like to have something like that for RBD and CephFS. Example usage could be
> figuring out who is hammering CephFS with IO requests.
>
> Maybe someone could provide basic guidance where to dig in if I'd like to
> make this feature myself? I there any plans/blueprints for such stats?

This really isn't feasible right now as a starter project: doing it
"for real" requires all OSDs track all clients and IOs and then a
central location to receive that data and correlate it. We discussed a
sampling implementation for ceph-mgr recently in the Ceph Dev Monthly
and I think work is upcoming to enable it, but I'm not sure what kind
of timeline it's on.
-Greg