Re: linux kernel version for clients

> Op 31 december 2016 om 6:56 schreef Manuel Sopena Ballesteros <manuel.sb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>

> Hi,
>
> I have several questions regarding kernel running on client machines:
>

> *         Why is kernel 3.10 considered an old kernel to run ceph clients?

Development in the Ceph world goes fast and 3.10 is a old kernel in that case. If you check the release notes for the Linux kernel you will see that there are a lot of changes.

> *         Which features are missing?

A lot, probably to much to sum up here.

> *         What would be the impact of running clients on centos7.3 (kernel 3.10) compared to using a higher/recommended version?

Not able to access data, crashes on the client, performance issues. All kinds of things.

Just don't use the 3.10 kernel, try using a more recent kernel.

Wido