Re: How can I ask to Ceph Cluster to move blocks now when osd is down?

The OSD needs to be marked as "out" before data movement will occur. This is to give it a chance to come back in.

By default as seen in config_opts.h (linked to in one of your other recent threads), an OSD should be marked out 300 seconds after going down if it isn't marked back up before then. You can adjust osd_down_out_interval as desired. It looks like it's been defaulted to 600s in newer versions.

How can I ask to Ceph Cluster to move blocks now when osd is down?

Best regards,
Stéphane

Brian Andrus
Cloud Systems Engineer