Re: How exactly does rgw work?

Yes, this is common practice.

Daniel

On 12/22/2016 02:34 PM, Gerald Spencer wrote:
Wonderful, just as I expected. Do folks normally have several RGW
running on individual machines with a load balancer at larger scales?

On Wed, Dec 21, 2016 at 8:22 AM, LOPEZ Jean-Charles <jelopez@xxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:jelopez@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Hi Gerald,

    for the s3 and swift case, the clients are not accessing the ceph
    cluster. They are s3 and swift clients and only discuss with the RGW
    over HTTP. The RGW is the ceph client that does all the interaction
    with the ceph cluster.

    Best
    JC

    On Dec 21, 2016, at 07:27, Gerald Spencer <ger.spencer3@xxxxxxxxx