From: V Plus [mailto:v.plussharp@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, December 11, 2016 6:01 PM
To: Somnath Roy
Cc: ceph-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ceph-users] Ceph performance is too good (impossible..)...

Thanks Somnath!

As you recommended, I executed:

dd if=/dev/zero bs=1M count=4096 of=/dev/rbd0

dd if=/dev/zero bs=1M count=4096 of=/dev/rbd1

Then the output results look more reasonable!

Could you tell me why??

Btw, the purpose of my run is to test the performance of rbd in ceph. Does my case mean that before every test, I have to "initialize" all the images???

Great thanks!!