Re: Introducing DeepSea: A tool for deploying Ceph using Salt

Hi all,

(replying to the root of this thread, as the discussions between
ceph-users and ceph-devel have somewhat diverged):

On 11/03/2016 06:52 AM, Tim Serong wrote:

> I thought I should make a little noise about a project some of us at
> SUSE have been working on, called DeepSea.  It's a collection of Salt
> states, runners and modules for orchestrating deployment of Ceph
> clusters.  To help everyone get a feel for it, I've written a blog post
> which walks through using DeepSea to set up a small test cluster:
>
>   http://ourobengr.com/2016/11/hello-salty-goodness/
>
> If you'd like to try it out yourself, the code is on GitHub:
>
>   https://github.com/SUSE/DeepSea
>
> More detailed documentation can be found at:
>
>   https://github.com/SUSE/DeepSea/wiki/intro
>   https://github.com/SUSE/DeepSea/wiki/management
>   https://github.com/SUSE/DeepSea/wiki/policy
>
> Usual story: feedback, issues, pull requests are all welcome ;)

FYI, we now also have a dedicated mailing list "deepsea-users":

If you have any questions, suggestions for improvements or any other
feedback, please joins us there! We look forward to your contributions.

Thanks,

Lenz